Dear St. Luke’s Parishioners,
Exciting News about NEW Middle School and High School Curriculum!!
We are happy to announce that we have chosen a new curriculum for our middle and high school students: Youth Ministry Access. Instead of the “traditional” classroom model (kids in desks, the teacher standing at the front of the room), this is based on the “youth ministry” model. Here are just a few of the reasons why we picked it:
- exciting, engaging, age appropriate activities with more interaction required of the student,
- student lead discussions,
- technology integration service,
- prayer, family, and community connection components included high school
- Confirmation curriculum,
- up-to-date journal articles and current, relevant topics
- affordability (no textbooks, all resources are online)
- approved through the USCCB and the Des Moines Diocese.
Now the final blessing we need is from the parish, in the form of Catechists. Our schedule is still being finalized, but the elementary classes will meet at an earlier time and the middle/high school will meet directly following on Wednesday nights @ St. Anne’s. If you have enthusiasm and a passion for working with tweens and teens, please prayerfully consider joining our team of Catechists. I’d be happy to answer any questions and will plan on having a meeting to introduce our students and parents to our new curriculum. Wouldn’t it be GREAT to announce our team of Catechists during that meeting, in the weeks leading up to our classes starting? Please join me in prayer as those in our parish consider these and all other options to serve as Catechists. Your first opportunity to sign up will be during the parish picnic on July 8. Blessings!