A school board has been elected and busy working, a school marketing committee has been meeting, and the process for hiring a principal has begun! It’s all in preparation for the opening of St. Luke the Evangelist Catholic School in August 2015.
Below are a few details about the new school:
- St. Luke School will open as a K-3rd grade school with the plan to add a grade each year until it serves students preK-8th grade.
- It will start as a one section school with the capacity to grow to three sections.
- St. Luke the Evangelist Catholic School will be fully accredited by the State of Iowa and all of its teachers will be licensed by the Board of Educational Examiners of the State of Iowa.
- The Diocese of Des Moines Catholic schools are known for providing quality education in a faith based environment.
- Students learn about God and how to live out their faith by serving others, all while receiving top academic training in a safe, nurturing environment.
- Iowa Assessment and ACT scores from the Catholic schools of the Diocese of Des Moines are consistently higher than the state and national averages.
- Students learn the importance of helping others in need. Catholic students in the Diocese of Des Moines give more than 50,000 hours of volunteer service every year.
We’d love to hear from you!
Below is a link to a brief survey (5 questions) about your interest in St. Luke School. If you respond by Wednesday, Feb. 12, your name will go into a drawing for a $25 fuel card! Thank you for your participation!
Please visit our School FAQ section (http://www.saintluketheevangelist.org/school-committee/)
Or contact Fr. Larry Hoffmann at 964-1278 or firstname.lastname@example.org